Monday, March 11, 2013

“It’s a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You’ll realize what's changed is you.” Benjamin Button

I literally cannot believe that its nearly mid-March. I've been living in Dublin since August 2012 and have loved every single minute of it--even the hard moments of adjusting to living somewhere far away from everything familiar. But, as I'm about to purchase my plane ticket to NC where I'll be for 2 months this summer before returning to Dublin, I'm wondering if I'll experience reverse culture shock. It will have been nearly a year since I'll have been back. I've completely re-adjusted to life in Dublin and I know I won't be staying in NC permanently so I won't be changing habits just for the summer. I'm SO excited to go back and see my family and friends and participate in my best friend's wedding, but there's a great deal of anxiety as well. I'll just cross that bridge when I get there I guess!

In the meantime, here are a few things I'm looking forward to about NC:

1. family!
2. friends I haven't seen in too long
3. TARGET
makeup! clothes! groceries! all in one convenient location


4. The Pit- barbecue, sweet tea, bourbon, mac'n'cheese



5. Long, hot, sunny walks at Lake Johnson



6. Seeing Fayetteville St.--my favorite area in Downtown Raleigh






7. Yates Mill Pond--my favorite little hidden gem of Raleigh. I completely feel like I'm in another time when I'm there





3 comments:

  1. TARGET!!!!! Jealous... the rows and rows of selection of random items. So overwhelming! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blog :)xx

    pastelcolouredrainbow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete