Its Beauty Tip Tuesday! I'm really excited about this post...it features a look made famous by one very pretty princess...Kate Middleton The Duchess of Cambridge!
I saw a picture of this look and immediately loved it. Its elegant and beautiful while still being practical and fit for everyday wear. I'm currently working as a waitress at a pub here in Raleigh (Saints and Scholars...come say hi!) saving money for my upcoming move and this hairstyle is PERFECT for work! It keeps my hair away from my face and up enough to keep me cool. I wore this look to work last weekend and I got so many compliments from both co-workers and customers! So without further ado, The Half Up Kate Middleton!
The Half Up Kate Middleton Tutorial
- Thoroughly wash and condition hair
- Spray damp hair with a volumizing product (such as Chi brand) and an anti-frizz product (such as John Frieda Frizz Ease)
- Begin to blow dry hair and about half way through the process flip head over and continue blow drying in this way (this step helps to add volume to the finished look)
- When hair is almost completely dry, flip head back upright and use a flat brush or paddle brush to dry the top of the hair and smooth down fly-aways. Complete blow dry in this manner
- Once hair is completely dry, spray with a heat protectant (such as Iron Guard by Chi) and thoroughly comb through hair
- Use 1" to 1 1/2" hot rollers or curling iron and curl hair. Run fingers through cooled curled hair to create loose, natural looking curls
- Lightly spray hair all over with a hairspray (such as Chi Natural Hold)
- LIGHTLY tease hair at the crown of your head (Don't go overboard, you don't want to look like a crazed pageant queen!)
- Beginning just above the ears, sweep hair back and up and gather together at the crown with the teased portion, lightly brushing over the top of the hair to smooth down any bumps.
- Spray hair once more with hairspray (Chi Natural Hold) and enjoy looking like a Princess for the day!
See, with 10 easy steps every woman can look like an elegant Princess! I was able to achieve this look in about 25-30 minutes, so it really isn't time consuming at all! I hope all you ladies out there find this helpful and enjoy wearing this look!