Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thirsty Thursday- 1st Edition

     Thirsty Thursday is upon us! Since I've not arrived in Dublin yet (and won't for a couple more months) my Thirsty Thursday posts will be about fun new drinks I discover in my remaining time here in Raleigh. Without further ado, let me introduce.......
The Pink Lady courtesy of C. Grace on S. Glenwood!
     I had this delicious, crave-worthy cocktail last weekend when I went out with the girls. I was looking for something different from my usual yet delicious "vodka soda with a splash of pineapple"(a la Bethenny Frankel and Sarah Hardin). One of the girls told me that she heard a few of the drinks on the menu were made with egg whites and I was instantly intrigued. I asked our amazingly talented and friendly bartender to tell me about this egg white situation and he described a few of their signature drinks to me. The Pink Lady instantly caught my attention. A pretty pink cocktail mixed perfectly with gin, grenadine, lemon juice and egg white that shares a name with one of my favorite groups of gal pals (um, hello Grease!) seemed like the perfect option for me. This was one of the most tasty cocktails I have ever had the pleasure of drinking. It was sweet and tart all at the same time. Every ingredient was able to shine through without overpowering any of the others. And the egg whites, oh the egg whites! They made the drink so light and frothy! 
     This is probably one of the most perfect summer cocktails. I would most definitely replicate this at home for a summer party or barbecue. I think it stands alone quite well for a dessert cocktail, however it would also pair nicely with a fruit and cheese platter
     
** I know that Thirsty Thursday isn't intended to be a bar/restaurant review, but I just have to say a few kind words about C. Grace. This new spot on Glenwood South is SUCH a gem! It looks like a rather small and forgettable place from the outside, but take a moment to walk down the short staircase to C. Grace's red front doors, step inside and find yourself transported from Downtown Raleigh to a elegant speakeasy in the 1920's. No detail has been ignored in its decoration. From the jet black walls to the sexy red velvet curtains and antique furniture you will lose yourself in a time long forgotten. The bartenders wear shirts and ties(some even wear a VEST!) and the cocktail waitresses have adorably elegant skirts, shirts and dainty heels. Every customer receives the attention he or she deserves. Each drink is made with care and never rushed. C. Grace has quickly become my favorite spot to head to on any night of the week! 
     
I hope that everyone is having a fabulous Thursday! 

Love,
Erin 

1 comment:

  1. Erin,

    I LOVE your writing! You make me want to get a swingy skirt on and head right out of the house! Thank you for a great recommendation AND for another peek into your world! <3

    ReplyDelete