Monday, September 24, 2012

Lets go Maigh Eo!! -- Gaelic Football Finals

Yesterday after work, I went to The Living Room (an awesome pub with giant televisions and a HUGE beer garden out back-- link here) with a couple of friends to watch the Gaelic Football finals. County Donegal and County Maigh Eo made it to the end. Somewhere along the way I got recruited to the Maigh Eo side, so I wore my red and green and cheered them on all the way to the end. They lost, but it was such a fun evening! I met a lot of new friends and learned a lot about the game. 




Although there's days when I'm completely homesick and long for certain things that can only be found in America, Dublin continually steals my heart. My life is pretty unbelievable right now and I'm so thankful.

I started classes about 2 weeks ago and they're going wonderfully so far. A lot of work, but all of it is super interesting to me. I also got a job working at The Shelbourne Hotel, which is where the Irish Constitution was drafted. Pretty cool for a history nerd like me! :)

I hear the Gaelic Hurling finals are on next Sunday--I think I know what my plans are! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment