Friday, September 7, 2012

Life in Bloom

Does anyone else ever have those moments when you feel your life changing you into the person you always knew you were meant to be? These past two weeks have been pivotal for me. I've had conversations and experiences which have made me more than certain I am exactly where I need to be right now.

One day I was waiting in line for the restroom at Starbucks and I met a girl named Sarah. We swapped numbers and got to hang out this week. In her I have found a friend and a kindred spirit. We shared lots of laughs and conversations about life experiences the other day, and realized the reasons that brought us both to where we are now are quite similar--needing to reset and find meaning in a world that can sometimes bring you down.

In general I've felt myself opening up to life. I was never quiet or reclusive by any means, but I feel myself becoming a complete extrovert. I'm just soaking in life and I couldn't be happier about it. I haven't ever felt like this, and its amazing. To come out on the other side of a dark time in life is almost like a rebirth. It sounds cheesy, but its true. With everything I do, I can feel my mom smiling and encouraging me. She's my constant motivation to find the truth and beauty in my life, both of which were cut short in hers.

Beautiful sunset over the River Liffey

On a more comedic note, I was on the bus yesterday and the bus driver had serious anger issues. She was laying on the horn for most of the trip and the whole bus could hear her swearing at any poor soul who got in her way. The funniest part of the whole thing was that when each person made their way off the bus, she gave the biggest smile and the most kind goodbye. Strange. Funny, but strange and kind of terrifying. 

xoxo,
Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment