Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Game That Launched 40,000 Americans

On Saturday Navy and Notre Dame will duke it out on the field here in Dublin at the Aviva Stadium. Its one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in all of football and the excitement in the air is palpable. I was walking around town today and noticed that for once I heard more accents like mine than I did Irish accents. Its estimated that 40,000 Americans will be in Dublin this week/weekend for the big game and I certainly believe it! There was even a pep rally/parade at Stephen's Green with a marching band and cheerleaders today. Apparently I'm assimilating well, because I got asked by Americans and Irish alike for directions. I only wish I could have helped more. Its really unfortunate how directionally challenged I am.



The pep rally!

Also, I got an iPhone today. And it was free. And cheaper than the junky pay as you go phone I had been using. And the sun was out. All in all a pretty wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment