Monday, January 28, 2013

Get in Gear 2013!

Tomorrow after class I'm signing up for the Get in Gear program with UCD. Its essentially a 5 week fitness challenge. You take an initial fitness/health test and then for the next five weeks you can choose to sign up for as few or as many fitness classes at varying levels of intensity(low, medium, and high). At the end of the 5 weeks you take another fitness/health test and see how far you've come! They have Zumba, pole dancing (I mean come on, if something like that is offered I have no choice but to try it) and a class who's description sounds a lot like the Body Attack class I used to take at my gym back in NC plus tons more. I'm really excited to just jump right back into my old favorites and try out some new things like kettle bells. I've always preferred fitness classes to only doing the elliptical or the treadmill.

My roommate Tracy told me about the program today, which also happened to be the day that I decided to get back on track with my health. I've been eating A LOT of takeaways and frozen pizzas since I moved into the house and it was making me feel so lethargic. Because I don't have a car and I walk everywhere I hadn't gained much weight, but I hate eating that way. Plus, I love to cook so it really wasn't making sense. I just got into some bad lazy habits. Anyway, today I was back to my healthy ways and even just after today I already feel so much better. I made an awesome taco-inspired salad for dinner and it was super tasty!

A couple tablespoons of salsa as dressing--yum!

Not to mention the fact that I'm the maid of honour in Bridget's upcoming August wedding so I need to be looking my best by then :) 

Here's to getting fit and eating clean in Dublin in 2013!

xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment