Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Weekend Away--Edinburgh Style!

This past weekend I went to Edinburgh, Scotland with two friends. It was such a nice little distraction from exams and essay writing! Edinburgh is a beautiful city filled with stunning Cathedrals and cobblestone streets. We even got to see the chapel where Prince William was made a Scottish knight this past July--pretty awesome!

We did a 3 hour walking tour with Sandeman's New Europe. It was AMAZING! I've done a few of their tours before in Paris, London and Dublin(when I was here on vacay!) and they're always wonderful. So much history delivered in a fun and entertaining manner-plus you get a great feel for the city and it gives you an opportunity to get your bearings.

We didn't eat any haggis...but we did get to go to the Elephant Room which is reportedly where JK Rowling wrote much of the first Harry Potter book. I'm not a huge HP fan, but it was still really cool to be in a place where one of the defining books of my generation was written. Plus the food was really tasty! :)

I highly recommend Edinburgh for a weekend away-its beautiful, there's SO MUCH to see and the people there were really nice. Overall a very enjoyable experience!

I'll post my pictures in the next post. I haven't had a chance to upload them yet.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment