Monday, June 3, 2013

A Beautiful Dublin Year, and a thank you

Last week I went to Barcelona for 3 days. Although my iPhone and about 60 euro did get stolen, I had the most beautiful and amazing time taking in the sites and spending some time with my amazing friends Iris and Sarah. Its all got me thinking about how absolutely wonderful this past year has been.

12 months ago, on June 3, 2012, I was probably at work or sitting in my apartment in the States being a nervous wreck about my upcoming move to Dublin, Ireland. Looking back, I wish I could tell myself to GET PUMPED! This past year has probably been the best one of my entire life. I realized my dream of living in another country, and it has been beautiful, scary, thrilling and most of all a learning experience in who I am as a person. I came here scared, well actually terrified, and unsure of myself. Now, a full year of college and 10 months later, I've never been more sure of who I am and where I'm at in my life. I've travelled to five countries, made amazing friends and completed a year of college in subjects I absolutely LOVE. Sitting here writing this, there's tears in my eyes from how happy I am. After the past few years I'd had, I didn't think I would ever get to be this happy. It feels like a dream. I just want to put it out there to the internet, the world, the universe, and whoever is out there listening, that I am beyond thankful for my life and all of my experiences. Even the tough experiences, especially those. Without tough times, years like my last one wouldn't taste so sweet.

To all of you amazing, beautiful, talented and interesting people who grace my life, I love you! My family by blood and my family by experience-my life would be empty without all of you. Don't worry, I'm fully aware of how sappy this all sounds. But its true, and I have to say it. I love all of you in NC and I love all of you who I've met since I've moved to Dublin. How lucky am I?? Life really is beautiful.

I'm heading to NC to visit for the summer in less than a month. I can't wait to see all my friends and family there in person, and not just through a computer screen. I'm also going to get to see my sister(not by blood, but you all know that by now) Bridget get married. Then in August, I'll be packing up and heading back to Dublin. I can't wait to see what this next year holds :)

xoxo,
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment